Effective July 7, 2022
If you want to use our work marketplace or any of our services (which we refer to altogether as Services), whether just by looking around or by registering an account, you must first read and agree to this Agreement (including the dispute resolution and arbitration provisions in Section 14). If you don’t understand this Agreement or you don’t agree to all of its terms and conditions, you may not use our Services. If you do not understand or agree to this Agreement, do not click to accept this Agreement, “Sign Up”, “Create My Account”, or similar, and do not visit BookMyTalent.tech, use our mobile applications, or otherwise use our Services. If you are using our Services on behalf of a business or legal entity, you may only do so if you have authority to agree to the Terms of Service on behalf of that business or legal entity.
To make these terms a little easier to understand, we capitalize certain terms and capitalizing them means they have a special meaning. Section 16 provides the definitions of some capitalized terms and others are defined throughout the Terms of Service (look for quotation marks and bold font).
How you can register for an BookMyTalent account and the different types of accounts that you can have.
You must register for an account to have full access to our Services, and your registration is subject to our approval. You must register for an account with us (“Account”) to access and use certain portions of our Services. Registered users of our Services are “Users”, and unregistered users are “Site Visitors”. Your Account registration is subject to approval by BookMyTalent. We reserve the right to decline a registration either to join BookMyTalent or to add an Account of any type, for any lawful reason, including supply and demand, cost to maintain data, or other business considerations.
You can register for an Account to use the Services as a Client (a “Client Account”). Client Account Types have a feature that allows the account owner to schedule interview with talents and allow them to bookmark desired talent’s profile for future use. If you create an Account as an employee or agent on behalf of a company, you represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into contracts, including the Terms of Service, on behalf of yourself and the company. More than one person can create an Account as an employee or agent on behalf of the same company.
Username and Passwords
Each person who uses our Services must register for their own Account with a username and password. You are responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and agree not to share your username or password with anyone. You are responsible for safeguarding your username and password and for any use of our Services with your username and password. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect or become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account or any unauthorized access to your password. You further agree not to use the Account or log in with the username and password of another User.
Account Data on Closure
Effective Oct 1, 2022
This document explain the rules that keep our marketplace running.
These terms explain how we expect you to behave when you’re using BookMyTalent – whether you’re a registered user or unregistered site visitor on our site.
Please read these rules carefully: by using our site, you’re agreeing to follow them.
1. About licenses and third party content
Here we’ve included the conditions for using our site, which we do our best to keep running smoothly (1.1). That means we have the right to stop people from using our site and services if needed (1.2).
You can’t use our intellectual property (1.3), but you can post your own content to BookMyTalent. You’re responsible for this content (1.4), and equally, we’re not responsible for content you come across from other users (1.5). If you think someone is using something you’ve copyrighted, just let us know (1.6).
1.1 We let you use our site and services
Technically, we’re giving you a ‘limited license’ to the site. Here’s what that means.
We’ll do our best to make sure our services are safe and working as they should, but we can’t guarantee you’ll have access continuously. In fact, we might even stop providing certain features or the services completely, and don’t have to give notice if we do.
1.2 We can stop letting you use our services
We can take away your right to use our services at any time.
1.3 We keep the rights to our intellectual property
Using our services doesn’t mean you can use any of our trademarks or other intellectual property, like copyrights and patents. We keep all of our rights to our intellectual property, even though we let you use our services.
Our logos and names are our trademarks and registered in certain jurisdictions. Any other product or company names, logos or similar marks and symbols you see on BookMyTalent may be trademarked by our partners or other users like you.
1.4 Third parties post on BookMyTalent, too
Anyone else who uses our site is responsible for what they post or link on BookMyTalent.
We’re not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any content shared by other people on our site, unless they’re officially working for us when they share or post the content. Any content represents the views of the person sharing it, not BookMyTalent.
Our site might also contain links or other access to third-party websites and applications. These sites and applications are owned and run by other parties, not BookMyTalent. If we use a link or application that goes to a third-party website, it doesn’t mean that we endorse it and you agree that you use it without our endorsement.
2. What you’re allowed to do on BookMyTalent
You can only use our services for work and to learn from the information we share.
Our site and services were made to be used for business, not for personal or consumer use. We run our marketplace to help users find relevant talents, build working relationships, and make and receive payments for that work.
You can also use some of our services to get information we think might be interesting and useful for our site visitors and users – like our BookMyTalent blog. While we do our best to make sure that this information is timely and accurate, there might sometimes be mistakes. We don’t make any guarantees about information posted on our site, so never use it as tax or legal advice. And you should always double-check the information for yourself.
3. What you’re not allowed to do on BookMyTalent
Certain uses of the site are not allowed. Here we go into much more depth about those things, including:
- posting unacceptable content (3.1)
- acting in a misleading or fraudulent way (3.2)
- treating others unfairly (3.3)
- abusing our feedback system (3.4)
- other uses that aren’t allowed (3.5)
In short, you’re not allowed to use our services to do (or encourage others to do) anything that is illegal, fraudulent or harmful. If you don’t see something on one of the lists below, you shouldn’t assume it’s allowed. When in doubt, contact us to check.
3.1 Posting unacceptable content
- is illegal or defamatory
- is violent, discriminatory or harassing, either generally or towards a specific person or group (or encourages others to be), including anyone who is part of a legally protected group
- is sexually explicit or related to sex work or escort services
- is in any way related to child exploitation
- would infringe on any intellectual property rights, including copyrights
- would violate our Terms of Service, another website’s terms of service, or any similar contract
- would go against professional or academic standards or policies – including improperly submitting someone else’s work as your own, or by ghost-writing essays, tests, or certifications
- involves purchasing or requesting a fake review or is connected in any way to making or sharing misleading content (like ‘deep fakes’ or ‘fake news’) which is intended to deceive others.
3.2 Acting in a misleading or fraudulent way
On BookMyTalent, you can’t do anything that’s dishonest or meant to fool others.
You can’t misrepresent yourself, your experience, skills or professional qualifications, or that of others. This includes:
- lying about your requirement
- passing off any part of someone else’s profile or identity as your own
- using a profile picture that isn’t you, misrepresents your identity or is someone else
- impersonating or falsely attributing statements to any person or entity, including an BookMyTalent representative or forum leader
- falsely claiming or implying you’re connected to a person or organization (including BookMyTalent)
Similarly, you must always be honest about who’s doing the work. That means you can’t:
- allow someone else to use your account, which misleads other users or
Clients can’t engage in fraud related to payments, including by:
- demanding services without the intention of or without actually providing payment in exchange for the services.
3.3 Treating others unfairly
Everyone should be treated fairly and legally on BookMyTalent.
You can’t use BookMyTalent to:
- express an unlawful preference in a job post or proposal
- unlawfully discriminate against someone
- incite or encourage violence
- post personal identifying information or other sensitive, private data about another person
- spam other users with proposals or invites. This includes posting the same job several times at once and contacting people you connected with on BookMyTalent outside of BookMyTalent without their permission
- make or demand bribes or payments for anything other than the work
- request a fee in order to submit a proposal
3.4 Abusing our feedback system
You must use our feedback system honestly and fairly.
That means you can’t:
- withhold payment or work until you’ve been given positive feedback
- swap payment (or anything of value) for feedback, including with third parties
- coerce another user by threatening negative feedback
- use the system to share unrelated views (like about politics or religion)
- offer or accept fake services to improve your feedback or rating score, which is called feedback building
3.5 Other uses that aren’t allowed
BookMyTalent relies on technology and trust – here’s how we maintain those things.
- You can’t copy, share or give away your account. You can’t have multiple accounts and you can’t sell, trade or give your account to anyone else without our permission.
- You can’t go around us. In particular, you can’t talk to talent or ask for or share a way to get in touch - a means of direct contact - outside of BookMyTalent before you’ve agreed to a service contract.
- You can’t promote other organizations – including advertising any other websites, products or services. You also can’t use our site to recruit talents or clients to join another agency, website or company, unless you pay us a fee to do so.
- You can’t interfere with our technology or tamper with our site or services. That means you can’t:
- bypass any security features we’ve put in place to restrict how you use the site – you’re not allowed to try and get around restrictions on copying content
- interfere with or compromise our systems, server security, or transmissions
- use a robot, spider, scraper, or similar mechanisms on our site without written permission
- copy, distribute, or otherwise use any information you found on BookMyTalent, if whether directly or through third parties (like search engines), without our consent (no scraping allowed)
- collect or use identifiable information, including account names)
- overwhelm the site with an unreasonable or large amount of information
- introduce any malware or any other code or viruses that could harm us, our customers, or our services
- access our services through any technology other than our interface
- frame or link to the services without our written permission
- use our services to build a similar service, identify or poach our users or publish any performance or benchmark analysis relating to the site
- reverse engineer, decipher, modify, or take source code from our site that is not open source without our written permission.
If you break any of these rules, we can suspend your account and stop you from using BookMyTalent (3.1). If you see someone else breaking these rules, please let us know (3.2).
4.1 We enforce these rules
We can’t guarantee that we’ll take action against every potential violation, but just because we don’t take action against one breach doesn’t waive our right to take action against any future breaches, whether they’re related to the first breach or not.
If we do suspect rule-breaking, we can stop you using our site at any time. If we disable or close your account, you won’t be able to use any of our services, but these things will stay in place:
- our rights to use and share your feedback
- our users’ and visitors' rights to share your content (1.4.2)
- your agreement to all the rules laid out in section 3 on this page.
4.2 Tell us if you see someone breaking these rules
If we follow up on the breach, you agree to help with our investigation and take reasonable steps to help us fix the problem.
An affiliate is anyone or anything that in any way manages, is managed by, or shares management with us.
A client is someone using our site to find desired talents.
A deep fake is a video or image that has been changed to replace one person with another in a deliberately misleading way, without asking the person whose face has been used.
A means of direct contact is information that would let someone get in touch with you directly (or find the information to do that) so you can bypass our site. For example, phone numbers, email and physical addresses, social media accounts, and personal websites with contact information are means of direct contact.
Site services are all services, applications and products – that people can access through BookMyTalent.
Content is what users post to BookMyTalent themselves, like comments, profiles, feedback, images, or other information. It includes anything posted as a response to questions asked by other users or BookMyTalent.